I attempted to make Carter's birthday cake. I was planning on making Gabby's 2nd birthday cake, but a case of the flu got in the way! So this was my first attempt at making a birthday cake. I don't know if I'll ever order one from a bakery again, if I can help it! I think it's an extra special touch on their birthday. I was very pleased with how it turned out! I did use box cake, but the icing was homemade buttercream...yum! Here's how it turned out:
+edit.jpg)
And here's the birthday boy!

And a slide show of the day:

3 comments:
Love the slideshow. You'll have to show me how to do that.
Carter looks adorable. I was surprised he didn't get that cake all over him!!
WOW, your backyard is HUGE! And look at all those awesome blow up water slides and pools, not to mention the swingset! Andrew would have a blast in your backyard!! :)
We're enjoying our backyard! (Well...Chad may not like cutting it!) The slide & pool isn't always there! We borrowed the slide. Chad's parents bought it last summer, and it's been fun. It's made appearances at several birthday parties, but this was the first one it was used at for a grandchild! You'll have to make a trip down here one day though. We'd love to have ya!
Post a Comment